Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thankful

See? I didn't disappear completely.
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and I'm hosting again. Well, last year I didn't host, and that was nice. I've got a list of things to do today and tomorrow so that I don't get too worn out. I still have to buy the turkeys since I'm getting fresh and don't have a lot of fridge room. I've made pie crust from scratch after discovering that most store bought has lard (we don't eat pork) and Trader Joe's, who doesn't, was all out. I'm going to make the pies this evening and I've got the cranberry sauce simmering. The table will be extended and the buffet area cleared out, I hope, and the house is looking not too disastrous.
But the most important thing is done- and here's where we leave the cooking and go to Sami. The squeamish should leave us now.
Sami is pretty much potty trained, but he isn't always very good at going certain kind of potty. He's been a little fussy for the last day or two, so it was pretty urgent that we take care of that before tomorrow. I didn't want last minute cooking and guests arriving to be waylaid by a potty using 3-year-old.
The problem was, he got peanut butter stuck to the roof of his mouth, so it was hard to tell what exactly he was fussing about! I managed to get it unstuck, but he wouldn't spit it out of his mouth or swallow it. He did agree to go on the potty and took care of things, but he still has that peanut butter in his mouth, and he won't even be bribed with his favorite cookies to get rid of it. I think it's been about an hour now.
I'm exhausted.

No comments: