Sunday, March 20, 2011

Birthday blessings

This morning I woke up to the sound of the kids in the kitchen. Leila was cutting up fruit for a salad. (With a table knife, not a sharp one!) They both brought breakfast in to me- strawberries and bananas in a salad, and a small glass of orange juice, plus a card from each of them.
I had to get up and make my tea and oatmeal before I could eat this breakfast, but then I got to open my presents. Leila has had some of them wrapped for over a week, and the bag has been high up on a shelf in my room. The gifts were from everyone in the family: a magazine that Leila made- including advertisements, a kaleidescope from the optical science event at the library, and some earrings that H took her to buy last night.
She left the price tag on the earrings but was very excited to tell me last night that what they had bought me was supposed to cost $50 but they'd gotten it on sale. That makes it even better in my opinion, as she well knows.
For lunch Leila decorated the table with a special placemat for me announcing "Birthday Girl!" and she even got a banner up while I was in the shower.
Tonight we're going out for pizza and gelato- yum!

2 comments:

paulpoe said...

Glad you were born!

concretegodmother said...

Well, I don't know how I missed it, but I totally did! So a very happy belated birthday to you!!! What a delightful birthday treatment you received at the hands of your delightful kids! (They say kids reflect their parents! I think 'they' are right, as you are delightful, too!) :-)