Thursday, September 23, 2010

Killing time


I just breezed through "Tips For Killing Time at Soccer Practice" at "My Life Scoop." Really? You are old enough to sign your kids up for practice but not old enough to figure out what to do while you are there?
It's funny, too, because I was just talking about how I carefully spend time- I don't kill it- what a waste!- while my kids attend their myriad activities.
First of all, I read. Remember that huge pile of books from this summer? Well, I'm still working on it. It's slow going because I'm taking notes. And these are old fashioned books, and don't start with an "i." Also, sometimes I end up talking to the other parents who are there...so
Second, I socialize. The other day at acting class I finally got to catch up with my friend and neighbor. And while L plays soccer, I get to know the other moms who are there. Last week I met one who lives in our neighborhood and who seems pretty cool.
Third, (and I just started doing this yesterday) I exercise. I realized that I'm walking the Susan G. Komen in a couple of weeks, and I haven't done any prep. So I started by wearing tennis to practice yesterday and, after some socializing, took 3 laps around the really large playground/field area where practice is held.
So today I'm going to be grabbing my book and lacing up my tennis on my way out the door- I have a good 2 hours to spend carefully, without the siren call of bed, t.v., or housework.

No comments: