Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Sprung

It feels like spring, even though the official date (also my birthday) is two weeks away. Yesterday I woke up from my nap around 6, and had to check and double check the time because the light was still pouring strongly through the windows. And this morning, up after only punching snooze 3 times, the sunshine lit my way to the coffee pot- no harsh overhead needed.
How does this change happen so suddenly? This switch from winter gloom to spring light? In the tropics we are used to sudden light and almost sudden darkness at pretty much the same time year around. Perhaps that's why, after 10 years of seasonal light changes, I'm still surprised.
(Spring, sprang, sprung- one of my favorite verbs to conjugate.)

1 comment:

Rafael said...

yeah, we from the tropics! =D
Thank you for your post on my blog...btw i will try to post somethings with my poor english as well!

Love,