Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Works for Me Wednesday

Gift of the month
This sounds like fun- the Lollipop Book Club. I've always been intrigued by these kinds of clubs- beer of the month, fruit of the month. I think they are usually too expensive to give as gifts, and this one is no exception. However, they are easy to do on your own, too. How about a dessert of the month club, where you bake a delicious dessert once a month for a friend? (That's a pretty big commitment, so do the 3, 6, or 9 month version.) I did a one month version for my neighbor on her birthday. She got a flourless chocolate cake for a celebration at her house. I would have done more months, but I feel too overwhelmed with work to commit to more than 1 month right now.

2 comments:

morningstar said...

My mom loves bread, so I gave her a "bread of the month" gift for Christmas a few years ago. It was a lot of fun to try new recipes - my favorite was babka, and of course I baked a loaf each month for myself.

mub said...

I really like this idea!