Wednesday, November 19, 2008

All I want for Christmas


is my front tooth. Only really, Leila is thrilled that it came out. When I picked her up from school yesterday she ran toward me, her hand cupped tightly around her tooth. "Look, Mommy, I lost my tooth." It turns out she wiggled it loose, but it was certainly out. We talked about the tooth fairy coming to visit, and she wrapped the tooth in tissue and stuck it under her pillow. Last night I reminded her to tell the tooth fairy it was there, and she gave me a look- half unbelieving. This morning I asked if she'd gotten her money, and she had- one whole dollar! (I think that must be because it is her first tooth.) She did ask if I put the money under there, but I said it was the tooth fairy. Leila doesn't believe in Santa Claus, but it's possible she does believe in the tooth fairy- or at least she's willing to play along.

No comments: