Wednesday, September 10, 2008

promises, promises

So that promise that the HR director would make me happy? Not so much. In fact, I'm actually more unhappy about the whole work situation. They appear to be working their way through the entire work version of the kamra sutra.
I can't help wondering if God is trying to tell me something. And then I wonder why every crisis has to become an existential one. Wasn't it St. Paul that said, "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar?" NO? Oops.
But maybe it's as a friend from church said- "This is a chance to practice serenity." Someone from work pointed out, however, I don't hide my emotions, and right now I'm pretty angry. I came in with a smile on my face today, and being with the students cheers me up, so now is good. Maybe I won't turn the fan on at all today.

1 comment:

Loma Kath said...

We await good news -- like a paycheck for you. Hopefully it will work out somehow.

K.