Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Last blog continued

I got so excited about the pictures I forgot to finish the blog.
About Ali, so, he's supposed to start eating. I've tried him on rice cereal a couple of times but he mostly pushes it out and then starts crying. On Friday I started feeding him sweet pototato with my finger and he loved that- just snarfed it down. Oddly enough, Leila doesn't like sweet potato. She tells me she doesn't like it, it's yucky, and then she says "I'm gonna try it." So, she's learning something. My grandma always said we had to try it before we said we didn't like it. Back to the boy- he keeps pushing the food out usually. It's a bit of a mess since I haven't pulled out Leila's old bibs for him.
Ali and I are flying to California this weekend for a job interview. He doesn't have to interview, just me. It's in a program a lot like the one I've been teaching in, but it's in Calif., obviously. They'd have to pay a lot of money for us to be able to move there. And right now I really don't want to move there- the only reason is the weather and our families. I feel so established here, much as I never wanted to get stuck in Texas. There are so many opportunities here. And, I really want a faculty job where I can have summers off. Enough of this year round stuff. Anyway, I'm going to take a few more classes at A&M to get my certificate in TESOL. I was in such a hurry to finish that I just graduated without it so now I have to apply all over again. And pay $35, darn it.

No comments: