Saturday, January 08, 2005

night weaning

Last night was great! Leila slept from 9:30 to about 8:30. At one point early in the morning I got up to use the bathroom and she sat up in bed. After I lay down again she cuddled up and went right back to sleep. The other time she was restless I offered her water but she didn't want anything. She woke up happy this morning. Her sleep schedule is so wierd. The later she goes to bed the earlier she wakes up it seems like. Thursday night she couldn't sleep when I tried to nurse her down, so I let her get up. She fell asleep in the study with her dad, but when she came to bed she woke up a little and I made the mistake of nursing her. Later she woke up and cried for a while, and then at 6:30 she woke up and cried and cried until I got out of bed with her. Then she was up for the day!
Right now I've got her watching a video hoping that she will fall asleep without me having to nurse her, but I think she's turning it off! Help. Now she wants to nurse. Darn!

No comments: