Tuesday, September 07, 2004

more religious thoughts

I was telling Leila our purpose in life. She's a good audience for someone who likes to talk, although she likes to talk herself. Actually, she probably understands me about as much as I understand her.
So, I was telling her that our purpose in life is to glorify God. And the best way to glorify Him is to be the most us that we can be. Of course, the most us that we can be is the us created in His image. So then I thought, but who is more herself than a baby? Babies aren't trying to be anyone else-they don't know better. They might copy someone, but not to be someone else but to learn about being themselves. Isn't this why the little children come so easily to God?
Incidentally, her fifth tooth has finally come in. When will the rest arrive?

No comments: