Saturday, July 28, 2012

"You will step on the soil of many countries."

This sounds a little ominous. Is this because people from many countries are going to be tracking soil into my house tomorrow during the open house?
Yesterday we had a Lebanese guest here who lives in Angola, but was raised in Liberia and who once had a Cuban girlfriend. Maybe that's what the fortune meant, but he had new shoes, so he wasn't tracking in soil from any of those countries.
Speaking of tracking in soil, when we used to fly back to university in the US after spending Christmas vacation back home in Colombia, the agricultural inspectors would ask if we'd been on a farm. If we said yes, they would spray our shoes, which was strange, since they weren't the shoes I'd worn to the farm. They didn't ask that.
Really, this fortune is a little oddly worded. Do they mean I'll travel to many countries? Or is it more threatening than that? If I travel to a lot of countries, I hope I'll do more than step on the soil. Though, if you think about it, there are some countries one could travel to and never step on any soil at all- just pavement. Hmmmm.....
(I count landing in airports on my way to somewhere else when I count the countries I've been in, and it helps up the number. I'm somewhere around 30, I think.)

No comments: