Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Squeaky Wheel

I really wasn't complaining. I was just informing the Whole Foods' checkout woman that they were out of coffee. But she said, "well, I'll give it to you for free, then." I tried to stop her- really! I did- but she insisted. Apparently, if the customer isn't happy, she gets things for free. (And I wasn't even unhappy!) This marks the second time this month we've gotten free coffee from Whole Foods. H went in at the beginning of the month and they were out of the one we buy so he got the more expensive organic Colombian coffee for free.  (Add the coffee my dad brought us from Guatemala- delicious!- and we're sitting pretty.)
I DID mean to complain to Macy's a couple of weeks ago. It takes a lot of planning for me to actually get out of the house and go shopping, and when I showed up for their sale, coupon in hand and about-to-wake-up Sami in the stroller and couldn't find the pots and pans set advertised, I got a little testy. The saleswoman couldn't find it in the computer, either, though she said she knew it existed as they'd had it before. Since the computer was now saying it didn't exist, we couldn't even figure out what other store might have it. I was steaming, but polite. She said complaining might get me a gift certificate. I went home and emailed through the website and also called the store. Then- nothing for a week or two. I thought that was odd for Macys. Finally an email appeared in my inbox- the manager had been on vacation, but she was going to send me the pots and pans for free.
So now I have a nice new set of stainless steel pans (which, despite the computer, really did exist) and fine Colombian coffee. And Macys and Whole Foods? They have my business in the future and this blog post, letting my readers know how great they are.
More freebies- I just asked the woman about my sandwich last week at Berolinas- it was taking a long time- and she insisted on giving me a free pastry- asked which was my favorite!

1 comment:

Sharoon Sunny said...

Woot! Woot! Stainless steel rocks, baby! Go Macys and the double bonanza of enjoying coffee from home...Just put your feet up a chill!