Wednesday, October 26, 2011

In the right place

Ali wanted to know what was going to happen when the baby was born, so I explained who would take care of them and where he and Leila would be. "Where are you going to be?" he asked me. "At a special place to have the baby." "Where is Baba going to be?" "With me," I told him. "Where is God going to be?" "He's going to be with all of us," for which I am devoutly grateful. Then he asked "Where are the neighbors going to be?" I told him it was none of my business. (Unless they are the ones taking care of the kids!)

He was worried that the baby might come on Halloween- so am I! I told him Grandma and Grandpa were going to be here when the baby comes, and we would call them to come in from the camper. Leila thought they would like that, as the camper will be cold. But at the rate we're going with Texas weather, it'll just be too hot!

No comments: