So today I called HR at the college where I have been working to see if anyone could tell me when they might be doing interviews, as I wanted to buy plane tickets but was sure the minute I hit "purchase" I would get a call for an interview the day after we flew out.
The woman I talked to told me to send an email to this other woman, so I did, and then I called some more people to find out if they knew.
After I lay down to hide from the headache that stress and the weather were bringing on, the phone rang. It was the lady I had emailed, and she had gotten my email and had been about to call me to see if I still wanted to interview. That is a perfectly valid question as it has been over 3 months since the position closed. The good news is that the interviews will be two weeks before we go to California. But then I had to call back to check on when the second interviews would be, and she assured me that my vacation shouldn't be a problem if I were chosen for a second interview. But I'm not holding my breath.