Saturday, September 15, 2007

Franklin the turtle

Ali has taken to saying that Kisses are yucky. Alas, poor me. I miss his kissing.
Last night he got his backpack on, and then he turned to me with a grin and said, “I’m a turtle.” Then he got down on the ground and started to crawl around to demonstrate. Tonight he was crawling around saying “I’m a turtle,” but it wasn’t as effective since he wasn’t wearing a backpack. Leila says he's Franklin.

When I was little I fell in love all the time- and usually with boys older than me. Leila succumbs just as easily. When she was 21/2 it was a sweet little boy in her class- her teacher complimented her taste. This year its another little boy. When I went to pick her up from school on Friday she and her friend were trying to kiss poor Nick- whose birthday it happened to be. Later that night she said something about – “that’s when we were trying to kiss Nick.” She smiled and said, “I just keep thinking about him.” “What do you think about him,” I asked. She covered her face with her hands, and in an embarrassed voice said-“I just keep thinking about him coming here.”

No comments: